@F1sp twitter account - saving non-F1 fans from twitter flooding

I often tweet during live Formula 1 motor racing. Usually before each race starts I put up a disclaimer like this to warn followers I might fill up their timeline with F1 information.

In order to try and reduce the impact of that for non-F1 fans, I've created a second twitter account, @F1sp. This account is NOT going to be used to post tweets (which stops me needing from switch between accounts), but rather to hide F1 tweets from people who aren't interested. How will this work? Well all of my F1 tweets will be prefixed with @F1sp. That means that unless you follow @F1sp as well as my @sxa555 account, you won't see them, because twitter will automatically hide them from your timeline. Bear in mind that if you follow me via a list for my F1 tweets, you'll need to add the @F1sp account to that list as well. I don't expect to post much in the F1sp account, it's purely there do give me the ability to 'hide' F1 tweets from those who are not interested.

Since I won't be posting my own 'live thought' F1 tweets to it, you're welcome to use the account in the same way without necessarily having to see my tweets. Follow the account, encourage your F1 tweeting friends to follow it too and we'll clear up our own timelines for those who aren't interested in F1. I sometimes feel guilty about posting lots during exciting races, and by using this technique I'll be able to post without restricting myself, and without annoying any followers who aren't interested. Win-win!

Although I'm not planning to post much on the account directly, suggestions welcome for potential things I could use it for. Maybe just a list after a each quali/race session with a list of the finishing positions so there's a quick history?

On a related note (it's about time I publicised this) if you go to this chart page you'll also see my F1 points charts for 2011. They come in 2 versions - one normal plot of the top 6 drivers (quite depressing this year, 2010s was better!) and a second which is normalised to tell how far back, percentage-wise, every driver is compared to the leader. It's quite a good way of seeing how far everyone is behind at each point in the season.

Let me know what you think of the account and the charts ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

macOS - first experiences from a Linux user perspective

Antisocial Networking: List of Top Tips

Customer service: contacting banks via the internet - how hard can it be?